[Day 141] Lognormal random variables and looking for a TA position

 Hello :)
Today is Day 141!


A quick summary of today:
  • read a bit more of A Primer For The Mathematics Of Financial Engineering by Dan Stefanica
  • applied (sent an email) about becoming a TA for one of the undergraduate big data/ML/stats courses in my uni


I like the Primer book because it is pure math - just Lemmas and Theorems and proving them (+ application in finance).

Below are my notes from Ch 4 - lognormal random variables


I saw that a deadline for the 4th assignment from Stanford's XCS224W: ML with Graphs is due on the 28th so I will likely start doing it in the afternoon after a quiz I have at uni. 

Also I saw that the official 2nd homework on model management and experiment tracking from the MLOps zoomcamp is up, but let's see if I can do it tomorrow.


As for the 'application' to be a TA. I believe teaching is the highest form of knowing something. Being able to explain a concept to someone who does not know it and them understanding it is one of the biggest certifiers that someone really know's something. So I wrote an email in Korean about that I know python, some math, some stats, have been studying and blogging here about ML/DL, so let's see if I can atleast meet with a professor even just for a chat.


That is all for today!

See you tomorrow :) 

Popular posts from this blog

[Day 198] Transactions Data Streaming Pipeline Porject [v1 completed]

[Day 107] Transforming natural language to charts

[Day 54] I became a backprop ninja! (woohoo)