[Day 74] Retrieval-based LMs

 Hello :)
Today is Day 74!


A quick summary of today:


I was scrolling through CMU 11-711 Advanced NLP schedule and saw that under the Retrieval and RAG section the above talk was recommended as 'reading'
I clicked the link and saw that it is a full 4 hour tutorial on retrieval models with the below content
I knew retrieval models were important along with RAGs, but I had not met them up until today, so I decided to start watching the tutorial and take notes (like in the Stanford CS224N course).
It is very detailed, going over lots of papers and explaining things from the base upward. What I also like (after watching 1.5 hrs of it) is that they do not just say 'this is better', they also say 'because...' which is important for me because, though I can use ChatGPT/google to find an answer, getting the answer directly from the speaker (in-context) is the best. 

Today I managed to cover Section 1: Intro, Section 2: Definition and preliminaries, and Section 3: Retrieval-based LMs: architecture. Below are my notes for each section. Amazing tutorial so far, taking lots of notes, and it is very helpful!

Section 1: Introduction to retriever-based LMs 

Section 2: Definition and preliminries


 Section 3: Retrieval-based LMs' architecture



Tomorrow, I continue with the ACL 2023 tutorial on retrieval models. 


That is all for today!

See you tomorrow :)

Popular posts from this blog

[Day 198] Transactions Data Streaming Pipeline Porject [v1 completed]

[Day 107] Transforming natural language to charts

[Day 54] I became a backprop ninja! (woohoo)