[Day 65] Stanford CS224N (NLP with DL): Multimodal DL and Model analysis and explanation

 Hello :)
Today is Day 65!


A quick summary of today, finalising the last parts of CS224N - NLP with DL by Stanford University
  • (just watched) Lecture 18 and 19: Future of NLP and Model Interpretability & Editing

First I will share my notes, and then just a quick summary and thoughts on the course.

Lecture 16: Multimodal deep learning

I got a lot of research papers to read from this lecture. Two are:
An Image is Worth 16x16 Words: Transformers for Image Recognition at Scale; and Learning Transferable Visual Models From Natural Language Supervision.

Lecture 17: Model analysis and explanation


Quick summary and thoughts on the course

I wrote a lot of notes, and I am glad - writing something down with my hand definitely helps me remember it better.

Definitely a very comprehensive course and high quality, and I am glad I decided to commit to doing it. Going back to the start of NLP, through human languages > word vectors > word2vec > seq2seq > RNNs > LSTMs > Transformers, but also learning code generation, natural language generation, how LLMs word - pretraining, finetuning, evaluation metrics. Amazing.  

Maybe someday I might pay for the XCS224N if I have the money, so that I can see lectures about *current* advances in the field. But this course (half of which was from 2021, half from 2023) definitely helped me create a sturd base for my future NLP journey. Thank you to Professor Chris Manning and head TA John Hewitt - they were top-notch ^^


That is all for today!

See you tomorrow :)

Popular posts from this blog

[Day 198] Transactions Data Streaming Pipeline Porject [v1 completed]

[Day 107] Transforming natural language to charts

[Day 54] I became a backprop ninja! (woohoo)